Поиск по сайту

Past Perfect

1) Complete the sentences with the Past Simple or Past Perfect of the verbs in brackets.

1.- My aunt flew to Paris last year. She __________ (never / go) on a plane before that.
2.- We didn’t need to queue because my wife __________ (already / buy) the tickets
3.- The thieves had already spent the money when the police _________ (catch) them.
4.- Helen ________ (split up) with John before she met Paul.
5.- We ________ (know) her address because she _______ (tell) us.
6.- The children _________ (not eat) for days so they ___________ (be) extremely hungry.
7.- Everyone ___________ (hug) each other after they __________ (finish) their exams.
8.- She didn’t want to go to the cinema because she ___________ (already / see) the film.
9.- I ________ (just / buy) a dress when a thief _______ (steal) my bag.
10.- My niece _________ (go) to London three times by the time she _________ (be) sixteen.
11.- My students ________ (raise) some money after they ________ (see) a documentary on TV about Africa.
12.- It was half past three and we still _________ (not / eat) lunch.
13.- Our teacher ________ (give) us extra homework because we ___________ (not finish) our essays.
14.- My father _________ (lose) his glasses and he couldn’t read the newspaper.
15.- The car stopped because we __________ (run) out of petrol.
16.- He __________ (feel) very ill because he __________ (not sleep) well.
17.- By the time I met John, he ___________ (leave) college.
18.- When I _________ (ask) her to help me, she ________ (agree).
19.- I thought I _________ (read) that book before, but I hadn’t.
20.- I knew I __________ (see) her somewhere before.
21.- I was sure I __________ (not lock) the door.
22.- When we ___________ (get) home my wife realized she __________ (lose) her purse.
23.- When we arrived at my parent’s house, they ________ (leave)
24.- After I _________ (buy) my new computer, I discovered that I ___________ (not have) enough money.
25.- The Vikings ________ (sail) to North America a thousand years ago.

2) Past or Past Perfect Tense – Simple: Fill in the correct form.
1. Mary ___________________ (give) me Tony's address before she left.
2. When the boys arrived at the cinema, the film ___________________ (already, start).
3. Before we reached the station we saw that we ___________________ (lose) our way.
4. All the tickets ___________________ (be) sold before the concert began.
5. They took a shower after they ___________________ (finish) the game.
6. I asked Mr Green how many books he ___________________ (read)
7. Mum asked me why I ___________________ (not tidy) up my room.
8. Bob was sorry that he ___________________ (told) me the story.
9. Alan watched TV after he ___________________ (have) lunch.
10. The sun ___________________ (shine) yesterday after it ___________________ (be) cold for many weeks.
11. Uncle David ___________________ (go) to the doctor after he ___________________ (be) ill for a month.
12. Before the police ___________________ (catch) the thief, he ___________________ (steal) two more watches.
13. Mum once ___________________ (paint) a picture although she ___________________ (never, learn) it.
14. I ___________________ (not tell) my teacher that my mum ___________________ (help) me with my homework.
15. I ___________________ (be) very angry when I ___________________ (see) that my brother ___________________ (eat) my apple.
16. The bike ___________________ (be) much more expensive than he ___________________ (think) at first.
17. Dad ___________________ (drive) me home after I ___________________ (fall) into the water.
18. Marion ___________________ (ask) me what ___________________ (happen) to me last week.
19. We ___________________ (eat) two Big Macs before we ___________________ (go) home.
20. Paul ___________________ (not say) that he ___________________ (take) Albert's watch.
21. The days ___________________ (become) colder after it ___________________ (snow).
22. Martin ___________________ (tell) me that he ___________________ (be) in London.
23. I ___________________ (feel) great after I ___________________ (pass) the exam.
24. It ___________________ (be) Freddy who ___________________ (clean) the room.
25. When I ___________________ (get) off the bike I ___________________ (see) that one of those tires ___________________ (lose) air.
26. I ___________________ (be) sorry that I ___________________ (not be) nicer to him.
27. Nobody ___________________ (come) to the meeting because Angela ___________________ (forget) to tell them about it.
28. I know that I ___________________ (see) her somewhere before.
29. Because she ___________________ (not check) the oil for so long, the car ___________________ (break) down.
30. She couldn't find the book that I ___________________ (lend) her.
31. They never ___________________ (never find) where he ___________________ (hide) the money.
32. It was a firm that I ___________________ (never hear) of.
33. When she ___________________ (come ) in we all knew where she ___________________ (be)
34. The lesson ___________________ (already start) when I ___________________ (arrive).
35. When I ___________________ (get) to the park I found out that I ___________________ (lose) my keys.
36. She told me that she ___________________ (work) in Germany.
37. When he ___________________ (paint) the kitchen he ___________________ (decide) to have a rest.
38. After I ___________________ (finish) the report, I saw that it ___________________ (be) too late.